The Workers Center is a democratically run community hub that offers resources and services to workers in the Athens, Georgia area. Joining the Workers Center gives you access to these resources and services, and a democratic voice in how the Workers Center serves its membership.
We are currently working to increase the reach and impact of the Worker Center. Our goal is to recruit 300 dues-paying members by 2024.
A worker who needs assistance from the Workers Center will never be turned away because of an inability to pay dues.
Your membership entitles you to:
- a DEMOCRATIC VOICE that shapes how the Workers Center serves its membership
- access to members-only trainings + workshops
- access to legal advice and, in some cases, connection with direct legal resources
- access to our research team
- support from state- and national-organizations
- case management for lost-wages and discrimination in the workplace
- help with OSHA violation complaints
- union development & collective bargaining
We offer two paid membership options for the Workers Center:
A Worker-Membership is a low-cost option that gives workers access to our resources and services, and supports the efforts to increase the reach and impact of the Worker Center.
Ally-membership is for those who do not need direct support from the Workers Center, but believe in the mission and want to offer financial support to workers without the means or ability to pay monthly dues.
Membership starts with completing our intake form: